Sunday, September 26, 2004

The NYT knows we're alive!
I suppose certain strata of the neighborhood will be all atwitter about the profile of lefty blogging superstars in the New York Times Magazine this morning. Were the profiles of Markos, Wonkette, and Josh Marshall fair? Are we really no more than a bunch of socially insecure nerds who didn't go to the senior prom? Do we have a place in the calculus of news media and political organization or are we merely--sound of teeth grinding--a fad? I have some suspicions about these things, and I might post on them after I've checked out what the rest of the neighborhood thinks, but for now I would like to comment on one amazing thing about the article: congratulations to Markos for finally managing to get a picture into print that makes him look older than fifteen.

No comments: